- The New York City Housing Authority contracted construction giant Bovis to redevelop three large public housing developments in Queens and Brooklyn.
- Bovis commissioned Barfield Public Relations to lead Bovis’ efforts in informing and engaging stakeholders on the construction.
- BPR served as a liaison between development’s residents, area business owners and elected officials
- Worked with tenants to create a resident committee, which served as a conduit for tenant questions and concerns about the redevelopment project’s scheduling impact, and complaint resolution.
- Wrote work notices, newsletters that kept residents informed and recorded and followed up on every complaint.
- The promotion and advocacy initiative kept residents up to date on the construction timeline, minimized resident disruption, and created a way for residents to file complaints to the developer.
- Tenants said the initiative fostered an atmosphere of goodwill, cooperation and accountability during construction.